IN FIREARMS TRAINING
What is required to get a Minnesota Permit to Carry?
There are only a few requirements to applying for a permit to carry in Minnesota.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must complete an application form
- Must not be prohibited from possessing a firearm under Minnesota Statute 624.714
- Must not be listed in the criminal gang investigation system
- Must be a resident of the county from which you are requesting a permit, if you reside in Minnesota. Non-residents may apply to any Minnesota county sheriff.
- Must provide certificate of completed authorized firearms training. Training by a certified instructor must be completed within one year of an original or renewal application. (624.714, Subd. 2a)
Where do I apply for a MN permit to carry?
You can apply for a permit at your local Sheriff's Department.
Do I need to own a gun to go to your training?
If you don't own a gun yet, but would like to receive training, depending on the class we can arrange to lend you a gun for the training for a small fee. Please note that on your registration, or Contact Us for further information.
In your Basic & Advanced classes how far will we be shooting?
We are re-designing these courses. Stay tuned for further updates
Upcoming Training Classes
“My experience with you guys has been a permit to carry course. I would definitely recommend anyone because I had a very good experience in your class.”
- ERIK, Park Rapids, MN