- This event has passed.
Basic Handgun – Detroit Lakes MN – June 30, 2018
June 30, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm$100.00
Basic Handgun Class
Red Bull Firearms Training
The Basic Handgun course gives the student the opportunity to develop their marksmanship skills by exposing them to specific drills designed to drastically reduce the time it takes to draw and fire multiple controlled shots or single, precision shots. First time shooters to current permit to carry holders will benefit greatly from this course. Students will shoot approximately 200 rounds at varying distances from a standing firing position.
This class is a prerequisite to our Defensive Handgun course.
What to Expect
We always provide fun and challenging training conducted in a safe and professional manner. Class length is approximately 4-5 hours depending on class size. Course consists of instructor demonstration, hands on and live fire exercises.
- Marksmanship fundamentals (grip, stance, trigger control, sight alignment, hold control, breath control, proper follow through)
- Administrative, tactical and emergency loading/reloading
- Clearing type I, II and III malfunctions
- Proper draw from a hip holster
- Weak side, one and two handed shooting
- How to engage multiple targets
$100 Check or cash paid the day of the class
- credit card payment available below
- Photo ID or copy of birth certificate
- Any properly CLEANED and LUBRICATED handgun EXCEPT single action type, single shot break-action type or muzzle-loader.
- No "pocket pistols" allowed due to their small size and difficulty of use (ie: Ruger LCR/LCP size).
- Hip mounted holster that locks handgun into the holster (at least a level one type). Holster must completely cover the trigger guard and remain open when the weapon is removed. NO thigh rigs, cross-draw, shoulder holster, inside the pants holsters, etc.
- At least 3 magazines with belt mounted magazine pouches or at least 4 speed loaders with belt mounted pouches if using a revolver (shooting rotations are based on 7 shot magazines for semi-automatics or 6 shot revolvers).
- At least 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- Ear protection
- Ballistic eye protection
- Sack lunch
- Range bag for your equipment
- Cleaning kit
- Lawn chair
Low - Students will be shooting from a standing position
Persons 16 and older may attend this course. Persons 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and waiver form must have been signed by parent or legal guardian.